Play time is over, get to Cedar Key! It’s time to get to work and fill the freezer.
Cedar Key Florida Inshore Fishing Report
The Speckled trout fishing in Cedar Key is on fire, the red fish are hungry, the Spanish Mackerel are biting good, the Cobia are here, and we been seeing some tarpon too.
Fish for the Speckled Trout in 3-5ft of water on the grass flats, using popping corks with shrimp, soft plastics or live Pinfish.
For Redfish fish around the islands, oyster bars and cuts using shrimp, cut bait, mullet or soft plastics. They seem to love it on the bottom with a jig head.
While fishing for trout, we’re catching Spanish Mackerel but they’re biting better out off of Seahorse Reef. Drop a chum bag and use popping corks with some wire leader and they will show up. Cobia are on the flats, near markers and rock piles and they eat just about anything but love live pinfish.
Cedar Key Florida Offshore Fishing Report
We are all excited … June 1st is close! The Gag Grouper and Red Snapper are hungry. We’ve been releasing them unharmed, we know where they’re at we can’t wait to keep them in the boat, that starts June one!
The red grouper are still running small but we have been catching good sized fish in 45 to 60 ft of water. The Cobia are also offshore on the wrecks and good rocky areas, we always throw a free line out while bottom fishing for Kingfish, Cobia and Sharks. We still look for the red grouper to come back, hopefully in the next report we can give some good news.
The fishing in Cedar Key is on fire and Red Snapper season opens June 1. Everything seems to be biting and the Tarpon have showed up too. If you want to fill the freezer or want a fish fight, you need to get to Cedar Key!
And Remember to stop by the marina for your Cedar Key fishing supplies, Cedar Key boat rentals and daily current fishing details! And be sure to check out and print out our Cedar Key specials. And if you want to keep your boat and boat trailer in top shape, check out our boat maintenance specials. AND checkout Cedar Key Marina II’s Biggest Fish Contest!
Till next time “Safe boating n tight lines”
Captain John Blouse“Hooked up Charters & Cedar Key Marina II”
- Freshwater Fishing Reports
- 25 Reasons to hire a fishing guide
- Boats for sale at abatch.com
- abatch A Marketplace For A Batch Of Friends
Notes from Hookedup Charters & Cedar Key Marina II
UPCOMING CEDAR KEY EVENTS
- Saltwater License-Free Fishing days are Saturday June 2nd and Sunday June 3rd. Residents and non-residents enjoy fishing in Cedar Key with no license required for this weekend.
- GTO Performance Airboats Fishing Tournament will be held Saturday, June 2nd @ CK City inside boat ramp 8 am to 4 pm. For more information visit https://southernairboat.com/pdf/2018.pdf
- Chiefland Rotary Club Fishing Tournament will be held Saturday, June 9th at Cedar Key Park beginning at 7 am.
- Seahorse Key Lighthouse will be open Saturday, June 30, 2018 from 9 am to 3 pm. Please call ahead of time if you need to rent a boat for that day.
- The 4th of July fireworks in Cedar Key will be held on Wednesday July 4th on the water in front of Dock Street at 9:15 pm!!
- For more information or to donate, so that this year can be the best ever, please call the Cedar Key Chamber at 352-543-5600.
- You can also go to the Chamber’s website to donate online.
- Festivities will begin at noon with a 4th of July parade and decorated golf carts!!